asymmetric sensorineural hearing loss
For the past two years, I have experienced progressive hearing loss in my right ear. My left ear is normal.  In June, I started experiencing persistent tinnitus in my right ear.  In September, I went to my ENT.  The ENT and his audiologist performed auditory tests (hearing and bone conduction) and verified that I had considerable loss of hearing in my right ear.  Strangely, only the middle frequencies are affected.  I can still hear low and high frequency sounds.  Next, the ENT performed the Brainstem Auditory Evoked Response test to determine how my auditory nerve was conducting the signal.  My left ear showed a normal signal.  My right ear showed a "mushy" signal, meaning that the nerve isn't processing the signal correctly.  The ENT then sent me for an MRI to rule out an Acoustic Neuroma.  The MRI came back not showing anything out of the ordinary, other than a probable fatty deposit in the Internal Auditory Canal (IAC). The ENT wants to see me again in 6 months for follow-up. Anyone had a similar experience?
Very similar. I had a sudden hearing loss in the year 2000. I had all the tests you had and there was no explanation. Seven years later, no change. My loss was in the high tones. Seven years ago, a cure was ten years away. It's still 10 years away!