Ear, Nose & Throat Community
bad odor

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

bad odor

Through the day I smell an odor that is like a bad foot smell, I started having this about 3 months ago. The only thing I can think of is my C-PAP, but I cleaned it regularly and I don't know why the smell would stay with me. It does not effect other scents and NO IT's NOT MY FEET. Anyone have a similar problem??

Tozeruno:

For the past month or so I've been experiecing the EXACT same thing you are -- I tend to characterize it as either a bad foot smell, or wet dog. I have no idea what it is. My sinuses aren't draining, ears and nose aren't blocked up, throat isn't sore, nothing. I saw my doctor and he gave me a sinus spray, but it didn't really curb the smell. I find that I only smell the odor after eating, when the scents and aromas of food make my nose run a bit. For example, if I eat hot chicken wings, I can almost always expect the odor to come on strong. But for the most part, the scent isn't really there until it's triggered.

I'm thinking it's allergy related. I lived in the Northeast for most of my life, and am down south now where allergins are terrible, so I'm just going to attribute it to that. I've done some research and some people link strange odors to various things -- sinus fungus, brain tumors, seizures, even bugs stuck up the nostril! I say it's allergies.

If you find out anything from your doctor, please let me know because I'm curious to know what the stench is.
My friend had the same thing he found this site and it's all natural...www.tawascrystal.com
Hope this will work for you...Gooduck..