Ear, Nose & Throat Community
bad smell

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

bad smell

I having a bad smell in my nose since i was go treatment of sinus last 4 years and my smell is gone what will i do
please help me
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms of bad foul smell in the nose could be due to sinus infections. They are due to stasis and infection of the sinus cavities, and the resultant drainage into the nose causes the bad smell. The best way to get to the bottom of your sinus issues is to see an ENT.  A good examination inside the nose with a camera might give the ENT more information as well as a CT scan of the sinuses. If it is a chronic sinus infection, 4-6 weeks of antibiotics are pretty standard in addition to nasal steroid sprays, oral steroids, and salt water irrigations of the sinuses. If this fails to solve the problem, sinus surgery is usually recommended.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.