Ear, Nose & Throat Community
between ear-jaw pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

between ear-jaw pain

2 days ago I started feeling this sort of pressure against the bottom of my ear drum area (I estimate). It feels like my ear hole is closed up and the skin is pushing against each other, but there is no infection or swelling on the ear hole or surface anywhere near, I can't see anything abnormal. Popping my ears feels like a very sharp pain. A cotton bud fits inside normally. I can hear perfectly fine. Moving my jaw joint (chewing) isn't unbearable. but the main thing is it's preventing me from sleeping properly (waking up 20+ times during the night), mainly due to the pressure-like feeling and the constant pain (I haven't even considered painkillers or anything else yet so I'll try that out)
Update: The pressure has seemingly lowered a lot in my right ear/jaw, maybe this was something that needed healing over time, so i'll wait another 2 days for the left side to make improvements before I send myself to the doctor.
Update: Day 3: Woke up this morning to find that right side is again affected. Just to clarify, it feels like my ear hole is being pinched together, although again, it looks perfectly fine and I can hear perfectly fine. After about 3 hours of head being upright, the right ear is almost back to normal again.