Ear, Nose & Throat Community
bleeding from nose and eyes

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

bleeding from nose and eyes

My 7 year old niece gets frequent nose bleeds and this morning when she got up she had another nose bleed but she also had blood coming from her eyes can you tell my why and what to do for it?
She needs to be seen by a physician asap about this; like emergent care.  
The reason she bled from the eyes is that there was a bigger volume of blood than could come out of her nose for some reason. It might be that she has problems with her nasal passages and sinuses, but as londres said get it looked at NOW!
I remember my sister used to have frequent nosebleeds and she would bleed from her eyes. She had a deformed membrane in her nose that caused this. She had it caughterized(not sure on the spelling) and it fxed the problem!! She's nearly 26 and no problems since.