Ear, Nose & Throat Community
blew tissue out of nose

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

blew tissue out of nose

I had a sinus infection and was blowing my nose alot, and last night i blew my nose and what looked like to be tissue....best described as chicken liver, came out of my nose. My infection was all on my right side, which was the same side the mass came out of.  I have currently no symptoms of the sinus infection anymore.  Should I be concerned?
Possibly, but most likely not.  The reason it's hard to cure sinusitis with antibiotics is that the infection creates an entity inside the nose that is hard to penetrate, which I call a "snot demon".  Sometimes a fungus starts growing in there too, which creates something firm like that.  You are probably just lucky that your immune system killed it and you ejected it.  If you show any further signs or problems, go see an ENT.

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/2322

\