Ear, Nose & Throat Community
blood in nose every morning

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

blood in nose every morning

every morning when i wake up i feel like i need to clear/clean my nose out.  when i do there is always some blood (every morning).  i've posted a question in this forum before about me cleaning my nose out w/ q-tips and noone answered it.  i have cleaned my nose w/ q-tips since i was like 14.  is doing that causing a problem maybe?  any info would be helpful, thank you!
I don't know if using q-tips has any effect but I suggest you check your blood pressure if you havn't done recently.  My husband has had the same problem for years when he was on his late twenty then discovered years later that he had high blood pressure.
Hope nothing serious.
thank you for your response, looks like this forum doesn't get a whole lot of traffic i guess!

no, i haven't had my BP checked lately but i did several times throughout my pregnancy.  but the blood is something new and ds is 9 1/2 months old now so you never know!  i'll check it the next time i go to the pharmacy...  thank you!
let us know if you find the cause please, hope it is just a simple avoidable matter.