Ear, Nose & Throat Community
bumps along lateral side of tongue - HSV-1 ?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

I  woke up the other morning with discomfort along the back of my mouth. Upon farther investigation I found a line of bumps/cysts looking things. I recently had an outbreak of HSV-1 ON my mouth and I'm scared that I transmitted to INSIDE my mouth.  I also had the two lines under my tonue inflammed.

1. Whats along my tongue?

2. Can I contract HSV-1 in my mouth like that?

3. Under my tongue?

I really haven't been eating or drinking lately. I have been scared and nervous of spreading HSV-1. I don't get them that often so when I do I do, I freak out.  Any info would be appreciated.
Many bumps in the mouth can be completely normal.  If you're worried that the lesions in your mouth represent HSV-1 (which is possible), have your doctor take a look.  Most HSV lesions look like ulcers within the mouth.