Ear, Nose & Throat Community
bumps on tongue and throat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

bumps on tongue and throat

Last night I felt a little bump on the back of my throat but didn't think it was anything major. This morning, however, I woke up and i could still feel it and I tried to just scrape it with my toothbrush but it was still there so I got a flash light and saw that I have mulitple bumps all over my tongue and on my throat. They are lighter than my normal color in my throat. On my tongue they are kind of blisterish looking. I'm just wondering how I could have gotten this? I'm pretty sure i've never had it before. I just got done with a 2-3 week cold that has been going around my college but i don't remember feeling these bumps during the cold at all. I took a picture of it so if anyone would like to see a pic I could e-mail.
Tags: Cancer
I also have multiple small bumps on the back of my throat too. I also have lump in throat sensation (feeling something stuck in my throat). They are not painful. I wonder what are they.
I also found huge blisters on the back of my tongue--it seems to be a little itchy and a little painful but nothing really seriously concerning that would make me rush off to the ER.  I thought maybe it was an allergic reaction but I took Benadryll and they are still there.  I worried that they are a symptom of an STD but I can't find any information that this may be linked to any of the STD's I have looked at. It's freaking me out though and Im going to try to get into the Doctor's tomorrow.  Has anyone else found out anything about this?
there are STD's that cause bumps on the tongue and what not, HIV is one not trying to say thats what you have, i also had the bumps on my tongue and had the HIV test but nothing showed up, the doctor said it was the toothpaste i was using and told me to get some certain kins which i didn't listen because most times i don't think doctors have any clue what's going on, but if you really want to know i can get that info for you.....
i have small red bumps on the back of my throat but the dont hurt i dont have swollen lymph nodes or anything but im worried about these small red bumps...should i be..? can anyone answer or help me..?=(
I have noticed small bumps at the back of my tongue and i really don't know what they are my mum said it is a throat infection but i have read it could be cancer? I started getting really worried! Also when i bite hard it hurts on the left hand side of my jaw (my mum says theres a glands there and they might be swollen) could i have advise please..email me on tally_babe_***@****
Thanks x
I have been experiencing a cyst like sensation on the right side of the root of my tongue. It has been going on for almost a week. I have no sore throat, nor lymphoid glands swollen which might indicate that I have a throat infection. I am really worried as I can't even reach it myself to see and investigate as you do. Ideal thing would be to have it properly examined by an ENT, but in the UK NHS it is really a nightmare! First I have to make an appointment with my GP which will take minimum 1 week and then by the time he decides to send a letter to the Specialist it will be a month. I have a very bad experience with A&E too, they will not ask the ENT to come, they will send me home saying it is nothing they can do. Unless I can't breath or am bleeding excessively, which is absolutely ridiculous. Waiting for ur comments guys.. Jane
As to the Jana88's problem, it may be that u have developed some aftous ulcers coz' ur immune system was weakened. Try to gurgle with salty water and have a spoon of honey in order to desinfect it a little, ok?
Exactly one month ago I began having this weird sensation on my tongue it almost felt like I had a piece of hair stuck in the back of my mouth. I tried scraping my tongue and nothing helped.  This went several days and now I have the sensation with discomfort in the back of my mouth and throat.  It almost is like a burning sensation to the left side of my throat.  And the left back part of my tongue is sore and almost feels as though I have biten it.  I haven't noticed anything on my tongue but there is however a cluster of red bumps on my throat that I noticed tonight when I used a tongue depresser and looked down my throat.  The pain is sometime not there in the morning.and gradually I will start to fill the sensation of something on my tongue and then by night my throat is hurting.  What is going on?  I have no fever or cough.  I assume I'm not contagious because no one in my house hold has complained of these symptoms.  My face and neck are warm to touch. I'm a social drinker.  I have smoked on occassion not very often and I have done either since this has been going on.  Help, I'm sooo scared!
It could be hpv. I have the same problem and that's what it's from :/ nothing too serious just a pain in the rear, an embarrassing. Definately call your doctor, they can be frozen, or there are prescriptions, there are tons of reasons you could have these!
my throat has been excruciatingly painful in the mornings for the past few days. today i took a flashlight and found tons of bumps on the back of my tongue and lining my throat. i was worried what these were and if i should go to the doctor or just wait it out. they are red, kind of big, and there are tons of them. they hurt really bad, feel something in my throat, and it hurts to swallow. i also might have a fever and have been sneezing alot with a stuffy nose. im not sure if these symptoms match, but im worried about what i might have. also, over the past few years, my throat has been extremely dry all year round and my voice has become verryy hoarse. please help!!