"burning" feeling on one side of throat/tongue
This started yesterday - shortly after I woke up, I began noticing a "burning" sensation only on the left side of my throat and tongue.  I describe it as burning, but it's not exactly burning - it's more of I guess you would call it a hot/heat sensation.  Not painful - more annoying than anything.  It feels almost like your throat will feel when you are first coming down with a cold or flu - except it's ONLY on the one side.  I suppose it's possible that I burned my tongue on something the previous night, but I honestly don't remember doing so and even if I had, I don't imagine that I would have that feeling on that side of my throat as well as my tongue.

I've looked at my tongue (and throat as well as I can) in the mirror and nothing appears out of the ordinary - no red spots, white spots, excess mucous.  I have no fever or other symptoms of a cold or flu

Any ideas what this might be?