Ear, Nose & Throat Community
burning in neck and chest

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

burning in neck and chest

For the past couple of weeks i have been getting a burning sensation in my neck and chest,my neck gets very tight and i have the sensation of something squeezing on my brain at the base of my skull.Doing simple tasks causes me to sweat profusely,i also have the feeling of something stuck in my throat.The pain in my neck was so severe the other day it woke me up,after i awoke i was sick for about 30 mins.My doc said it was muscle spasm in my neck(i am not so sure)as for the thing in my throat he said"It's a red herring"(i kid you not).I also can't stop rifting.Has anyone out there had similar problems?
Avatar n tn
Also forgot to mention i have a lot of phlegm in my throat and the feeling of squeezing is 24/7
Suggestion:  Have your thyroid check.
Avatar n tn
I also have bad burning in my neck from the back of my throat and beyond.  Hurts to look up.  Have had swelling in front of neck as well, and feel a smooth lump at back of throat with discomfort there, but so far nothing has shown up on CT scans.  Makes me feel very ill and can start up and progress daily within minutes.  Doctors have had nothing to add to situation.