Ear, Nose & Throat Community
burning throat
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

burning throat

In 2004, I got went to the spa to work out.  When I got home, I felt like my body shut down.  I could not breathe, felt like I had to belch but couldnt.  I felt dizzy with a burning throat.  I was taken to emergency - later was sent home with no answer.  I was asked to see my family doctor within 24 hours.  Went to the doctor, was given nexium for acid reflux.  During this time, I noticed my period came to a halt.  Did not have a period for 12 months.  Was also told that it was menopause.  I lost 40 pounds during this time.  About 2 weeks later, I was sent for a endoscopy which came back with brown mucus in my chest that was sent to a pathologist that was benign.  Later I was sent to an ENT that indicated I had a sore/blister on my soft palate.  Now, I have started to cough mucus after I eat or drink.  Lots of mucus.  It is so bad that I have to ride around with a spit cup.  I do not drink any caffaine - but still do drink soft drink with no caffaine.  I am not on the Nexium now, but am on Pepsid - over the counter.  Nothing has helped me and I still have a burning throat.  During 2004 when I got sick, I have poor sleeping habits.  My doctor put me on Abien.  I have to tell you when I take Abien, the next day, my throat hardly burn.  I have to go to a ENT every three months for them to clean my left ear out.  It keeps getting clogged with hard wax and over the counter medicine does not help.  Can someone please help me or have any suggestions.  The doctors here are just absolutely stunned.  The only one thing that will relieve my throat burning is a throat logenzer (honey and lemon) with menthol eucalyptus.  Can I please get an answer.  Thanks