Aa
A
A
Close
choking while sleeping
For the past 6 months or maybe longer I have been experiencing a choking sensation that will wake me up several times during the night.  I have had sleep apnea but have had the operation that supposedly corrected it.  I am a smoker.  When I do wake up from the choking, I usually have some phlegm in my throat. The phlegm sometimes has color and sometimes is clear but it is always sticky. I have gone to the doctor.  I am currently taking Nexium.  I have been taking this for the past two months but I still experience the choking.  I did have some dental work lately that required the removal of some very infected teeth.  I have experienced some better nights of sleep since the removal of the teeth but not enough to not complain that I am not sleeping through the night.  What do you think?  or What do you suggest I do or pursue?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
402205 tn?1230484605
Did you use an expectorant at all to break up the phlegm? Also drink lots of water.

I wuld also sleep with your head inclined to reduce the choking. Some poeple just have thicker saliva, unfortunately I'm one of them too.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources