Ear, Nose & Throat Community
choking while sleeping
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

choking while sleeping

For the past 6 months or maybe longer I have been experiencing a choking sensation that will wake me up several times during the night.  I have had sleep apnea but have had the operation that supposedly corrected it.  I am a smoker.  When I do wake up from the choking, I usually have some phlegm in my throat. The phlegm sometimes has color and sometimes is clear but it is always sticky. I have gone to the doctor.  I am currently taking Nexium.  I have been taking this for the past two months but I still experience the choking.  I did have some dental work lately that required the removal of some very infected teeth.  I have experienced some better nights of sleep since the removal of the teeth but not enough to not complain that I am not sleeping through the night.  What do you think?  or What do you suggest I do or pursue?