chronic tonsilitis, cant breathe HELP!
ok heres the run down, i've had swollen tonsils for almost a year and a half, my left tonsil goes back to normal but my right tonsil stays swollen. and after several trips to the doctor with no health insurance im now broke and still have the problem. the local ent will not see me because of no health insurance. after taking 6 series of anti biotics zpack,bactrim,arythromyacin nothing helped. my right tonsil is now deformed i have a swollen tubular thing behind my swollen tonsil leading down my throat constricting my breathing. ive had many whie puss spots but they have gone with antibiotics but my swelling is still present. i now am becoming desperate because its affecting my sleeping severly. right before i start to go out, my body jolts and i wake up cause i cant breathe. i have to then sit up and calm my panic down. this really drives me insane. my tonsils dont have puss on them but both are now swollen and remain swollen even after taking 800mgs of ibprophen.  i just want some reliefe im only 22 and i just stopped smoking because i also just came down with bronchitis this difficult duo is severly depressing me and causing me panic. i just dont know what to do to breathe and to stop the swelling. many of you will tell me i have to get my tonsils removed but it cant happen until i get insurance. ive been to er twice and got no help at all. they refuse to give my antibioics which i dont blame them. and my refferl to the ent is a waste of paper considering the problem. please help. how do i make these tonsils stop swelling. i just want some relief, i want to breathe and have no more panic or the feeling thats scary of death in sleep from not breathing.. what should i do?
i also forgot to list other symptoms to help with diag.

no fever
swollen lymphnodes in neck
constant stuffy nose
history of bad allergies
allergic to omoxacillin
coughing up green and somtimes black mucus
i have the shakes all day cant hold anything in my hand still
loss of strength
loss of pain in thoat but still super swollen
dizzyness and short of breath
somtimes confusion
right tonsil deformed
constant sinus pressure
nasal passages feel obstructed always
i have become pretty pale.
insomnia
I had that for years, always sick because of my tonsils.  Antibiotics didn't work.  I finally had them taken out and am better.  Still have the sinus stuff, but it's better.  Like today, with the weather and pollen, I woke up with a sinus headache.  You really should get looked at.  I know what it's like to have no insurance but you can't go on like that.  If you have an urgent care center near you, you might want to tell them your situation.
P.S....An emergency room has to treat you too.  I know what you're going thru, I've been there.  Please keep me informed of how you are.
get a little thing called a netti pot.  They were on Oprah awhile back, and they work wonders.  My husband has the same issue with sinuses, and this thing works great.  They are sold at health food stores, and also at some pharmacys.  They are about 15.00.  My father and my husband said they are the best things they ever bought.
you know its so funny you say that the emergency room has to treat me. i went to the e. r. twice and they wouldnt treat me because it was obvious that i needed them takin out and they said they wouldnt do it because it was a major surgery and it was expensive. they then gave me a referrel to see a ent doctor. the ent doctor called me 7 days later and told me it was a high priority refferel and that i need to come in. he then asked me what insurance i had. i told him none and his response was"sorry cant help you or see you. come back to me when you get insurance." i wanted to cry. this sucks.
I'm so sorry for this, I know how hard it has to be on you.  How are you feeling today?  There has to be something someone can do for you.  Thats what is wrong with the American Health system.  It sucks.  If I think of something I'll let you know.
please read what i said about the netti pot above, because you really should try that first.
yea i know about the netti pot. lol i have used this, it works great for the sinus but it dosnt do anything for the swelling of my tonsils. and the white patches have come back in full force twice as many as before. there now leading down my throat. i sort of wish i had a fever, so that it would start to fight off this viral infection.
You can't find a doc in your area that will take out your tonsils without insurance.  I am sure if you go to a doc and explain to them the issue, that you MIGHT find a caring doc.
I'm sure with diligence, you will find a caring doc.  There still might be a few out there.
i got insurance and i get my tonsils out on the 15th yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!
I am so happy for you.  I was miserable for years with my tonsils, I wish I had them out sooner.  What did the doctor say about your tonsils?  Did you get the insurance thru your job?
what is the netti pot used for and what are the benefits?  i have sinus problems like enlarged turbinates, dry nose... does the netti pot create too much moisture?  because when its humid my nose dont like that either. thanks for any info..... i guess i could research it but i  just thought i would get your personal opinion:)
I live in a very humid place, and it seems like my nose is swelling because of the humidity.  It never did that before.  I have the enlarged turbinates, had surgery and they still swell.  My nose doesn't like dry and it doesn't like overhumid.
How was your surgery, was it successful?  do you have a deviated septum?  did they cut a lot of turbinate out? my only started after adenoid surgery  i didnt have this problem all my life until then makes me think something went wrong during adenoid surgery or the fact i still have staph in my nose that wont go away. what area do you live in? north or south or west?  do you know anything about the netti pot? thanks
I have never used the netti pot but am thinking about it.  I live in the south.  I don't think my surgery was successful, it still swells.  I guess I have just learned to live with it.  They just cut not even half of the turbinates.  They removed a cyst as well.  Staph in the nose can be hard to get rid of.  You can try using antibiotic ointment in the nose.  What symptoms are you having with the staph?
I sometimes get this smell in my nose plus the turbinates are swelling and they never did before, i had the culture done in july results came back in august i was put on levaquin 500mg for 3 weeks but the turbinates are still swelling its something i cant live with i dont sleep well most of the time if it  is humid out i dont sleep now the cold weather is coming my heater is running and now i didnt sleep good last nite i have been going like this for over a year i work 40 hours a week a human being cant keep going like this with hardly no sleep i already got a cold this year because it is  easier for me to get a cold because i dont sleep good most of the time. what antibiotic ointment do you recommend? keep in touch.
i just had my surgery and it was terrible i feel the worst pain i ever felt in my whole life. they gave me two shots of morphine and the pain still didnt go away. this **** is horrible . cant breathe cant talk. cant eat. cant sleep and i can barely get down water
Did you only have your tonsils out or did they take adenoids out also?  any work on your sinuses? If you are older i have heard the pain is very bad. keep us posted maybe in time it will let up some.
yes im 22 and i had no sinus work done but the pain is very bad they removed my tonsills by caurterization. it is the most pain i ever felt in my life.
Yeah, when I had my tonsils out, it stung.  It really hurt for about 3 weeks.  It was worse than anything I ever had done but the outcome was worth it.  I had to take a strong pain reliever syrup, percocet I think was the name.  Nothing tasted good for about a month.Took me about 6 months to get my energy back.  I was 35 when I had them out.   I hope you are doing well. Keep us posted on how you are feeling.
I have the same problem, no insurance. What do you recommend ? Ive tried everything. Same exact thing as you. Its been over a year.:/