clump of something with foul odor coming out of throat
Every once in a while something gets dislodged from down in my throat.  I cannot see it when it is there or feel it, but some chunk of something will come up and it smells awful!  I know this has to have something to do with my bad breath because I do everything I can to keep my teeth and mouth clean!  What do I do about this and what the heck is it!  How do I prevent them.  
How are you?  The tonsils are filled with holes and crevices where bacteria and other materials- dead cells and mucous, can become trapped. These trapped debris hardens and calcifies to form tonsil stones, or tonsilloliths,   These can present with bad breath, sore throat, difficulty swallowing,  or tonsil swelling. Many tonsil stones require no special treatment. These may be dislodged at home with the use of picks or swabs or with salt water gargles. If it persists, it is best that you have this checked by your doctor for proper evaluation. Take care and regards.