Ear, Nose & Throat Community
cold sensation in throat when breathing

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

cold sensation in throat when breathing

For about a week and a half I have been having a weird sensation in my throat when I inhale and exhale. It's somewhat like when you breathe in really cold air when outside. It doesn't hurt, it's mostly just an annoying feeling. Any ideas?
I have had this same sensation for about 3 weeks.  I breathed in a strong synthetic fragrance and notice it around this time.  However I also made some changes to my home at the same time like non-toxic cleaning products, non-toxic soaps/shampoos, new toothpaste, etc.  I went to my GP and told him about accidentally breathing in a fragrance (i cleaned an old bottle and thought the smell was gone) and he said it's more than likely a slight chemical burn.  He listened to my lungs and I did a breathing test and passed with great numbers, so he said I have not caused any permanent damage and to give it a few weeks to heal.  Well it's already been around 3 and nothing has improved.  It doesn't hurt when I breathe, but it's extremely annoying to feel this constant cold air sensation in my chest/throat/nasal areas

I have read on some other forums that this sensation is associated with heartburn/GERD but I don't have symptoms for those ailments so I don't see how I could be suffering from that.

Has your condition improved?
How long before your condition improved?
I have the same cold sensation in the back of my throat. It's been there for 5 days and is nothing painful, just strange. I'm seeing these complaints all over the internet but no follow up on if and when it went away. Or what it was.

Thanks!
Actually the feeling I've had in my throat for three weeks that I described in my thread is pretty much like what you're describing: it's a cold sensation when breathing, like I would feel if out walking or running in cold weather. Kind of a cold 'burn'. I'll be keeping an eye on this thread. My other symptoms are: feeling of pulse in throat (this could be anxiety), nasal congestion, clearing throat, etc.
I'm having the same cold sensation when I breath , Any answers about this condition. Please help
I currently am experiencing the same thing you describe.  Worse when I lay down and uncomfortable.  Having trouble sleeping now too.  Anyone get a final diagnosis?
Im no doctor but i have the same thing and mine is caused by acid reflux ive been suffering with it for the past 2 and a half months although its very slowly getting better.

Try putting something under the mattress so you sleep in an elevated position so the acid doesint get to your throat and make sure you dont eat three hours before going to bed.

For the day avoid acidy/fatty foods, have a bland diet etc until you get better.