Ear, Nose & Throat Community
constant drip

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

constant drip

I have a dripping, annoying problem and it's driving me and everyone else crazy.  I have bad allergies and take allergy meds. and occasionally use a spray (it gives me nosebleeds) and the allergist doesn't think that the constant runny nose is a problem.  What's odd is that it's almost always just from the right nostril and not enough to blow my nose constantly but I've gotten into the awful habit of sniffing...all the time.  I don't know if it's allergies or if it could be caused from some other factor and wondered if a pain med can cause this, but why only out of one nostril?  I have major spine injuries and am on a strong opioid (NORCO) and also Zanaflex, a muscle relaxer and take them every day.  Has anyone ever heard or read anything on this?  I've checked my prescription drug book but couldn't find anything on it.  The sniffing is affecting my ears which are in a bad way anyway.  I have moderate loss in one and almost moderate in the other, it's genetic.  Just throwing this question out in case anyone has any input.  Doc's don't seem to be concerned but everyone around me gives me a bad time.  Thank you.
If you have had major spinal injuries I bet since it is dripping out of one nostril only - you could have a cerberal spinal fluid leak.  Please go to an ENT doctor that specializes in this problem.   Let me know  how  things turn out.     Laaz