constant sinus drainage
When I go to bed at night and my head hits the pillow, it seems like a faucet turns on and mucus starts draining from the back of my sinus down the back of my throat.  This results in constant "snorting" all night long.  I honestly believe that at least one quart or more of mucus just pours down my throat.  I used to spit up as much of this as I could but the sheer amount of mucus makes this impossible.  Now I just swallow this stuff all night long.  This enables me to get some sleep.  Not nearly as much as I would like but as much as possible.  I am 60 years old.  I have no high blood pressure, no diabetes, no cholesterol problem, no heart problems.  Virtually everyone else I know, most even much younger than myself suffer from most every variety of one of the above ailments.  Now I have to ask myself, is there any possiblility that this mucus I swallow everynight is responsible for my lack of any health problems other than the sinus problem?
I know exactly what you are going through.  I always had some drainage, every day. Then I had surgery for sleep apnea and while that is cured it created a huge problem with drainage.  Mine was so severe after surgery that I had decided I would have to take my life if someone didn't find an answer for me.  I was gulping every 3 seconds.  It was exhausting and like chinese water torture.  I finally went to an allergist, started shots and it got remarkebly better. I changed insurance and got off the shots for a while and really paid for it.  I am back on the shots and it is better but I have not been consistent with my shots. I can tell when my drainage is bad even if it doesn't wake me up because I am soooo sleepy the next day.  For some reasons antihistimines make it worse.  Of course decongestants do to because they are supposed to make you drain.  I never had any other allergy symptom, just drainage.  If I were you I would definately go to an allergist.  
I have also huge drainage all day and night and could not sleep for almost three months. I understand how suffering it is. I have been on the medications from a GP for about 10 kinds , nothing worked but getting worse.

Now I am trying Prednisolone and Telfast because I am very desperate. It looks better, less drainage but i have some new problem, the mucus became very thick and cause me extremely pain all over my face and strangle my throat. I have another 2 days to go of this medication. Will let you know if it works or not. I am an English speaker, hope that you are still able to understand my story. Wish you are well soon.
Sorry, I made a mistake that I am an English speaker but I am not.
I have been suffering with the same problem for the last 2 months, hence going on line looking for solutions.  I have tried antiobiotics, changed my diet & eating habits.  This goes on all day & all night, new symptom excess mouth watering, swallowing every few seconds to empty mouth and throat of mucus.  I now sleep with a wash cloth in the corner of my mouth to soak up drainage from mouth (overactive taste buds watering). Funny I use to suffer from dry mouth, not any long.  If you hear of anything PLEASE post, I too am desperate, my doctor has not answers, I have no allergies. Sdupriest in Georgia