Ear, Nose & Throat Community
crackling in throat

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

crackling in throat

Hi.  About a year and a half ago, I noticed a wheezing in my throat when I would lay down at night.  I went to the Dr and she thought it was acid reflux and gave me some meds.  That didn't help.  Then about 9 months ago the wheezing turned to more of a crackle sound.  She gave me Nasonex and that didn't help.  I am tired of hearing the crackle when I wake up at night, but it's not uncomfortable.  I don't feel like I have to cough, or clear my throat, but if I do, I notice the sound goes away for a bit.  I always seem to have mucus in my throat and do alot of throat clearing.  The mucus is green first thing in the morning, then becomes clear later in the day.  Any suggestions to try?  TIA