Ear, Nose & Throat Community
crackling sound in my ear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

crackling sound in my ear

can anyone tell me what it is when you have a constant crackling sound in my ear like when you get water in it but i know that i havent but it doesnt hurt its just bizarre
hi.You are most probably having partial blockage of E.Tube(connects pharynx with ear).This usually happens in allergic and viral infections.Treatment for this problem is antihistaminics along with steam inhalation but this condition recurrs quite often.Valsalva manuver(compressing abdomen to fill your ears) is quite helpful in opening blocked tubes,Please consult an ENT specialist for proper diagnosis and treatment.
Avatar n tn
I have had a crackling sound in my ear for a month now.   I thought it was a bug, but the bnurse said that she didn't see anything.    I have always had a slight runny nose.   This crackiling is from that?
I too have a crackling sound in my right ear for a month and ahalf. Showed up one night late Feb. When I was chewing a piece of gum. Chilly weather then. Was prescribed a medpak that didn't work. Went back and was given Flonase 6 to 8 weeks. 1 month in and it still crackles with any sound made. Not sure what to do.