crying spells relieve sinus pressure? anyone?
I've been dealing with pain in my left cheekbone for.......years  now unfortunately and I have not been getting very good results from anyone that I've seen for this. My cheekbone is also swelling up quite a bit, along with the mandible jaw looking like it is being forced forward and out of the TM socket. It also looks as though I have a slight black eye on the left side when the pain comes on strong and my eyelid becomes kind of purple and swelled up looking.  Anyway, it has really begun to become painful and, for the last 2 months or so, I've been finding myself crying more often.  Well, to my amazement, I learned that after a "good cry", I would blow my nose (a LOT of snot would come out, much more than usual )and get lots of pain in my left temple that would last for a few minutes and low and behold, 99.5 percent of my pain disappeared.  Has ANYone else experienced this?  I really need to know because my ENT specialist blew me off ONCE AGAIN after I mentioned this to him, grrrrr, rolling eyes.  And would anyone know WHY crying and blowing my nose would help to make the pain go away?
HI
I CAN REATE TO WHAT YOU ARE SAYING,  I HAVE SUFFERED WITH PAI ON RIGHTSIDE FOR MY FACE POPPING EAR, NUMB LIPS AND FEELING AS IF I HAVE SOMETHING STUCK IN MY THROAT WHEN I FEEL RALLY BAD I FEEL SICK.  AND LIKE YOU ENT MRI AND CATS CAME UP WITH NOTHING.  BUT WHEN I HAVE A GOOD OLD CRY MY SYMPTOMS BECOME MUCH BETTER THAT NIGHT,  BUT THE NEXT MORNING EVERYTHING IS CLOGGED AGAIN, IF YOU FIND THE ANSWER LET ME KNOW. I HAVE BEEN OK FOR 3 MONTHS AND SUDDENLY IT ALL HAS COME BACK, SOMETIMES I THINK IT COULD BE A STRESS THING I DON'T KNOW. TAKE CARE
MERC