Ear, Nose & Throat Community
cut at end of nostril - wont heal

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

cut at end of nostril - wont heal

i have a cut at the end of my nostril - so nostril is pointed and one normal. its prob from blowing it alot and getting dry mucus during the night from the heating
ive tried vaseline, moisteriser, germolene 2nd skin - nothing heals it - i want the skin to knit back together and it wont
im worried it will carry on splitting further up my nose...do i keep moisterising? or use somethingi dont know about?
any suggestions?
also i have sore skin in septum - is this from nasal sprays red rore
Same here!  I have suffered from this for 13 years, and have soooooooooo had enough of it!  I have it agani at the moment, which is the longest bout I have eve suffered.  It has gone on this time for 4months...  have just finished my third lot of anti-biotics...  all different, in the form of creams, tablets etc.  Nothing worked.  I am at my wits end with the crack, as it is so big now, you can see it wehn just looking straight at me.  Sooooooooooooo sore, it brings tears to my eyes!  Trying to cleanse or wash my face is unbearable......!   Owwwwwwwwwwww!

The cracking of the skin is due to dryness and lack of vitamins. Try using Neosporin ointment twice daily, drink plenty of water and eat plenty of fresh fruits and vegetables. If there are dry crusts try to remove it after soaking it in warm salt water, do not try to peel off the dry crusts just like that or else it will leave a sore skin below. Avoid working in dry environment as much as possible.

Regards
OHNS2010
omg,

that's me too! It's happening to my right nostril in the front and I'm so embarrassed. I've tried vasoline, neosporin, vitamins, all of that.

WHAT IS IT?????????????
Same thing has happened to me for the last 2 years.  I can't see the split, but I can tell that's what it is.  Mine has been split open for about 3 months straight now and I can feel the split getting bigger.  I have no clue what it is, but if someone finds out, please post.  I have a history of basal cell and so I'm always worried about skin cancer:(
I agree with OHNS2010, I had this for years,  also I get cold Shaw on the nose I do use cold saw cream for that. Now nose splits are slowly going away with iron tablets.  I think it's something to do with our iron level. I had very low iron level. I think best to check out the iron level and change the food pattern will help. Just read the body by watching what you eat and the reaction to it in your body.  If I eat yogurt I will get the split nose next day morning.
I have had this same problem for years also and recently figured something that makes it heal and something that is causes it to come back. Diflucan will heal the split. I take three 200mg pills one a day for 3 days. Depending on how large the split is, or how long you've had it, you may need more but, you'll see it helping by the third day for sure! ( you'll have to ask your doc for the script) Don't put neopsorin on it!  Put a little Lotrimin or Lamisil dabbed on a q-tip.    I  started trying to pay attention to what has been happening when it does come back and it is when I have had a round of antibiotics!  Antibiotics cause an overgrowth of yeast in your system.  I believe the split is "form" of a yeast infection.  A yeast infection can form in any moist part of your body.  HIgh Sugar/High Carb diets cause an overgrowth of yeast in the blood also therefore causing the same problem.  Neosporin IS an antibiotic ointment!  Therefore it only feeding the yeast infection and making it worse. The Lotrimin or Lamisil will NOT work on its own but it does help and is soothing. ( re: the yogurt thing???, "some" yogurts actually contain yeast, and many yogurts are high in sugar so it depends on what yogurt you are eating otherwise, the plain yogurt is supposed to combat yeast) Hope this helps!