daily mucus
For two years now I have been suffering with excess mucus , it's a problem in the morning as soon as I get out of bed, if I get out of bed before the morning or the bathroom I have to spend a half hour coughing and spitting up mucus, I can't have ice cream, dairy as that will make me have mucus is all day  long. I've been to every type of doctor and health care professional, I've had all the medical tests, and after two years of searching for a reason for my problem I come up with nothing, I don't have asthma ,I don't have   bronchitis, I am not short of breath, all I have is this excess mucus which is driving me nuts, does anybody out there has any suggestions as what I can do, or where can I go, to get some help stopping the production of this mucus. If you can help I'll put you in my will.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms could be due to a post nasal drip, which can cause a chronic irritation in the throat. This could be due to a sinus infection, a cold or a chronic allergy. It could be sinusitis, if it is accompanied by nasal stuffiness and facial pain or pressure. Post nasal drip could also be due to allergens. These are substances like pollen, dust, animal dander, certain foods, insect venoms and certain medications. Exposure to allergens causes a runny nose with a resultant post nasal drip where secretions from the nose go backward into the throat and irritate causing cough. Cough is a protective mechanism by the body as it helps to prevent infections. You will need to consult your primary care physician for proper clinical assessment. In the meantime for relief from your symptoms you could do warm salt gargles and take OTC antihistamines.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.