Ear, Nose & Throat Community
detachment of nasal epithelium

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

detachment of nasal epithelium

What causes loosening of ciliated cells from my nose/sinus? I looked at the mucus that I blowed from my nose under a microscope. There were lots of separate ciliated cells, the  cilia still beating. I have chronic sinusitis at the left side and have also had some cough during the last few days. The mucus has previously contained lots of white cells, but now it is different.
I have some disturbance in my blood: small and pale red cells but no iron deficiency (Hb and red cell count good, and also soluble transferrin cereptor good). I have slight pain on the left side of my neck.
Tags: nasal epithelium detachment, chronic sinusitis
Now my nasopharynx is very sore. It is difficult to swallow.
Could this be Mycoplasma? IgG 194, IgM negat.
I found an article:
http://www.rhinologyjournal.com/Rhinology_issues/275_Saitoh

Could nasal cortisone be good for me? I began to use Alvesco which is an inhalation solutuion for  asthma.
Now I have got a solution, fluid (infection) in maxillary sinus. I got an antibiotic (Doximycin).
You are far too technical for me, and others it appears.  But it sound from your last post you are making progress.   Have you discussed with a doctor, or other medical person?  

How was "fluid (infection)" diagnosed?  Hope you have a cure.
I discussed with an infection doctor. I told him my whole story with chronic sinusitis and other  diseases, eg. a lung nodule, hyperparathyroidism, hypothyroidism, slight immune deficiency,  recent norovirus, atrial fibrillation, cough, lymph node enalargement, inconsistency in my iron status, sore nasopharynx and nasal discharge. I have a microscope, and I have looked at my discharge. Its consintency has changed recently.

The doctor listened to my lung sounds and tested my sinuses with ultrasound. He found a horizontal liquid surface in my left maxillay sinus, which is an indication of suppurative infection in the sinus. In my left maxillary sinus, and partly also in the ethmoid sinus, there is always swelling of the mucous membrane. A doctor must have much experience how to separate swelling of the mucous mebrane and possible suppurative infection.

The infective agent was not diagnosed. It may not be Mycoplasma, because IgG was only 194 and IgM negative. Of course another sample could be analysed after two weeks. But because I am on an antibiotic now, I think there is no reason to take a new sample.

Many ENT doctors here do not prescribe antibiotics for sinus infections. I know that antibiotics do not usually work to chronic sinusitis. Maybe I have now an acute infection. My total disease (many diseases) history was takein into account in order to make the decision on my medication. I am waiting for an electric cardioversion (in the queue). They will not do the cardioversion if I have an infection. I slightly suppose that infections may be one cause for the epidoses of atrial fibrilaltion (another may be dehydration). At the previous two times, when I was cardioversed, it turned out that I had symptoms of sinusitis.

In 2011 I was in a queue for a FESS operation, but doctors in 2012 decided not to do it, because I have only slight symptoms. I have to use nasal cortisone and rinses with saline.

Maybe I have recently had also virus infectons (flu). For influenza I have taken vaccination, thus it cannot be influenza.
Wow, and AFib too.  I suffer from AFib myself and the MedHelp Hearth Rhythm Community is my long term relationship with this family of forums.

We have a very knowledgeable contributor on the heart rhythm community who lives in your area of the world, Norway (his handle "is-something-wrong"), if you haven't looked at AFib in that community you may gain something on that subject there.  

Wishing you some effective medical help,
Thanks! I have got acquainted to heart rhytm community.