dizziness, where do i start
i started having dizziness about a week ago. I thought initially it was a side effect of a medication so quit taking and called dr.  Dr. prescribed medrol pak incase was allergic reaction and antibiotic for sinus or ear infection (though no signs present) also gave antivert to help with dizziness.   so 8 days later still no relief. antivert helps but does not totally alleviate symptoms.  When i first get up in the morning i feel ok for about an hour then the symptoms start.  I forgot to take my antivert at lunch and dizziness came back with a bang and a headache, with pain down my neck.  The back of my neck did have some tenderness prior also.  some pressure in ears and tender glands.   ENT says my ears look perfect.  I guess i am not sure where to start as far as testing.  Vestibular battery or go to neuro.  Where is the best place to start?  I dont want  to pay thousands for tests that get me no where, but know i have to do something.......past history includes: situs inversus and sudden onset hearing loss in right ear with regain hearing after treatment.  Otherwise pretty healthy.  Low blood pressure, 100/60.  Bloodwork done a year ago all was good. have been tested for Autoimmune issues but all tests clear.  Tension migraines, 6 or so a year.
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Low BP can sometimes cause postural hypotension, more so if you are on vasodilators.Tthis can result in postural hypotension, a condition in which the peripheral arteries dilate, leading to pooling of blood in the peripheries. This in effect causes decreased circulation of blood resulting in dizziness/lightheadedness. With a past history of sudden hearing loss, the dizziness could be due to inner ear problems. It could be due to Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV), which is an entity in which with movement of the head the person is likely to get dizziness. This happens because of a disorder of the labyrinth system in the inner ear. So, don't worry and discuss these options with your doctor.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.