Ear, Nose & Throat Community
drumming in ear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

drumming in ear

every now and then my left ear starts this really annoying drumming sound in it so annoying i have considerd popping my ear drum just to make it stop. when i press on the side of my neck just below my ear the drumming stops, when i tilt my head forwards it gets really loud. i've had it before but this time i've had enough. please help i'm getting tired of it now. xx
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The drumming sound could be due to entity called myoclonus of the tensor tympani. This is a rapid contraction of the tensor tympani muscle in the middle ear that causes that fluttering sound. Muscle relaxants may help with this condition. If severe it may need surgical intervention. You can consult an ENT specialist for an evaluation.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.