Ear, Nose & Throat Community
dry, raw nasal tissue

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

dry, raw nasal tissue

hello,

for awhile now my nose has been very dry, I use oil or nasal gel in it every day and every day it stings it's so dry. looking in it to day I noticed it's red and vey tender. it all began when I used flonase for longer than I should have and the dry climate of where I live I fear is only making it more miserable. is there anything more I can do for my nose other than use nasal gels? and since it's red, do you think it'll get infected? I really don't think my nose can efficiently produce mucous anymore, but I've already seen an ENT and he said the tissues are fine, the gel was his only instruction.

help! any feedback is appreciated.
I'm not sure if this will help you or not, but when I was pregnant my nose got very dry.  It was so bad that I had small nose bleeds almost daily.  Anyway, my ob/gyn told me to put a little bit of petroleum jelly on a q-tip and gently apply it to the inside of my nose (not too far up in the nose just near the bottom).  It worked for me in my situation.  Hope this helps to heal your nose without the stinging.
Avatar n tn
I've tried the petroleum and it feels so much better. There's no stinging at all. Many thanks! :)