Ear, Nose & Throat Community
dry crusty bloody boogers

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

dry crusty bloody boogers

When i wake up in the mourning i have these dry crusty bloody boogers. Also i get them if i dont blow my nose for awhile. These boogers are really annoying and sometimes its harder to breath. It gets so bad that i have to pick my nose. I only do that if im alone cause its so embarrassing. I just want to know how to get rid of them?
Tags: booger, bloody, Dry
maybe you need to purchase a humidifier..I heard that helps a lot with that...
Does anybody know what produces this morning bloody crusting in nose? also when I blow it there is blood. I have always had stuffy and swollen nose, and had crusting before, but just now is this bloody.
I took a flight some days ago and stared that day. Not sure if related.Thanks.
After numerous trips to Las Vegas, I noticed that, within hours, I started getting huge, bloody, crustey boogers out of my nose to breath.  OBVIOUSLY, it's due to the severe change in humidity from what I am used to in Alabama.  

As a remedy, I wet my fingertips, place them just under my nostrils, and snort the water a few times. I repeat this whenever I think about it in a dry environment and use a humidify at home in the Wintertime.
I would treat it the same as a bloody nose that stopped. Lubricate a Q-tip with Vaseline and gently while around the inside of your nose . This moisturize the membranes and keeps them from drying out cracking and bleeding. After a bit of time you should be able to gently blow out the debree and breath a great deal more comfortably. I hope this helps