Ear, Nose & Throat Community
dry nose with post nasal drip

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

dry nose with post nasal drip

got a very dry nose both sides just the front half of the nose and i have major post nasal drip...any ideas guys i don't feel sick at all
Tags: nasal
Hi again, Canada110.  I really think you should google "empty nose syndrome" and also find out from your ENT how much of your turbs were eliminated.  There is an excellent website on ENS and it lists a lot of the symptoms, and it gives a lot of tips on how to minimize the dryness.  I have no clue if that's really what you have, but the tips to help dryness should help you no matter WHAT the actual cause.

I looked into it because, as you know from my earlier post which you commented on (thanks for the comment, by the way) my ENT is trying to avoid turb surgery again, and now I know why.  Your ENT may think the inside of your nose looks fine, but according to ENS sufferers, the inside of the nose usually does, open and clear.  It's not about how open it is, it's about how dry it is.  Too much open and dry can actually make the nose feel congested when it is not.  (Many of them said they had doctors insist the insides of their noses look fine.)

Turbinates are tricky.  Take too much away and it's too dry.  Take not enough and they grown back (like one of mine has.)  But you're right, in your comment to me (and from what I've read elsewhere) in the long-term it's better to leave them and use sprays.  Which is likely what I'll do.  But I see my ENT again in April so we'll see.
Hi...I have no idea what turbinates are, but I have a very simple suggestion. Sleep with a humidifier running in the room... I love mine!  No dry nose, and no sore throat when I wake up in the morning.