Ear, Nose & Throat Community
ear infection, Mastoiditis, neck pain?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

ear infection, Mastoiditis, neck pain?

Hi About a month ago i think i had an ear infection i had a horibble pain in my ear that kept me awake all night i didnt go to the doctors because i thought you ust let them clear up themselves....a while after i had vertigo one day then again a week later.....a few days ago i wa having horrible headaches but did excersises and have narrowed it down to the sternocleidomastoid muscle in the neck on the left side and pain behind the ear ( the bone around it) there may be pain in the ear but might be the muscles hard to tell....i also have a tiny tingling in my teeth on that side... went to the doctor and she said that there was no sign of infection in the ear but there is scarring on the eardrum...maybe from grommets i had when i was 5? but basically the question is this caused by Mastoiditis even if there is no sign of ear infection i.e if the infection spreads to the neck muscle and temporal bone can the actual ear infection go or be undetectable? I have ankylosing spondylitis and therefore often have neck pain but fel different ...thanks..