Ear, Nose & Throat Community
ear pins and needles

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

ear pins and needles

For the last few weeks I have had this sensation of pins and needles in my left ear. It is a transient feeling and happens approximately 2-3 times a day. Lately I have been noticing a cold sensation like someone is holding an ice cube to the inside of my ear during the pins and needles sensation. I haven't had any injuries or been feeling unwell prior to or during this time. If I could get some advice as to where to start for information or questions I should be asking my own MD so there isn't some thing overlooked I would really appreciate it.
Symptoms in the ear that are this intermittent could be due to TMJ (temporal mandibular joint) or the trigeminal nerve.  You can ask your doctor about these potential problems
Avatar n tn
Hmm interesting i am getting the same thing happening for the last week.

my doctor just looked inside my ears an concluded a sinus blockage that would clear up.

still waiting

What was the resolution in your case?

thanks