Ear, Nose & Throat Community
ear/throat/scalp pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

ear/throat/scalp pain

Several days ago, I noticed the beginning of a sore throat, so I gargled with peroxide as I have done for years to stave off sore throats. A couple days later, I noticed I had an ear ache as well and assumed they were related. Then, yesterday, I noticed my scalp was very sensitive around the ear and extending up to exactly the center of my scalp. Is this something more than a simple e-n-t infection?
Avatar n tn
What did you do about this?  I'm having the same symptoms - ear ache, sore throat, sore scalp.  My symptoms have all appeared pretty rapidly.  I noticed my ear started hurting yesterday afternoon.  Today, I noticed my throat hurt and my scalp has become increasingly sensitive to touch.  Did you see a doctor?  Did you take anything or do anything to relieve your symptoms?

Thanks!
I have the same exact symptoms WITH a headache, but now I also have a sore inside my outer ear that looks a little like a fever blister—which I've never had before.
Did you ever get a diagnosis or resolve this issue?  I have the same type problem:  right side swollen gland, occasional pains in right ear, and small area of scalp that is sensative to touch on top right side.  So far, it does not seem serious, but I am concerned because it is different from anything experienced before.  Thanks.
did you figure this out?  I have exact same symptoms.  I wondered if the swollen gland was just irritating a nerve that affected the ear, throat and spot on scalp.
Hi Kenny, did you ever figure out what was wrong here, i Get a sensitive left side of scalp then a blister that comes up either on the inside of my ear or around the outside, sometimes it leaks fluid... be great to know if you know the answer here. Thanks Justy