Ear, Nose & Throat Community
ear tingling

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

ear tingling

For several months I have had a tingling feeling in my left ear. It sometimes feels like water is running out of it, but the ear is sompletely dry. Or it will feel like bugs are crawling in it. It is usually worse at night when I lie down. It is never in my right ear. My pcp first thought it was sinuses, I took sinus medication a nd it didn't seem to help. He then thought it might be lack of ear wax and advised me to get sweet oil. I did this, but nothing happened. Sometimes the feeling is just annoying. But lately it has been more intense, it now has a tingling, burning sensation. I have tried to explain it, but I think people think it's all in my head. Have you ever heard of anything like this?
Avatar n tn
You need to see an ENT with a full diagnostic audiology department.

You need to have a hearing evaluation along with Tympanometyr testing. All painless, all fairly quick.

I suspect you have fluid within your MIDDLE ear cavity. The tympanometry test will indicate that, and the hearing evaluation will verify it.