Ear, Nose & Throat Community
ears ! sounds like im under water when talking

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Sometimes when I'm talking I feel like I sound like underwater ?! Its like I'm wondering if I'm shouting when I'm talking. Is this connected to a sinus issue ? Or do my ears need draining ?
It sounds like a possible sinus infection.  I suggest that you see you doctor soon.

Feel better and
have a blessed New Year.
I have basically the same symptom, however the reason may be different from yours.  For me, If I remember right, is because the oval and-or the round window has been stretched.  I did this when I pulled an ear plug out without releasing the vacuum behind it.  My problem started a couple days later, did you do anything to your ear in the last few days?

bsmsl is probably right, the odds are that it's an infection. Either way you should see a Dr soon.