excessive drooling
dear doc
my baby will be 6 months in a few days time,but he has been drooling for quite some time now.It got worse about 1.5 months ago when i noticed that there was some sort of irritation in his throat.My baby started to press his throat and cry and there is also a slight cough.His pillow is also wet sometimes and he still has a sort of grunting sound he makes from his nose but the pediatrician said there was no nose block.The worst part is sometimes his milk drinking gets interrupted and he cries due to this {something in the throat} and it is only after sometime that he is able to resume.Since a few nights ago he has been unable to sleep in the cot and wakes up almost the moment he his put on it,but he sleeps well in my arms. He cries putting his hand in his mouth{sometimes ***** his thumb} and also pulls his ear occationally.PLS tell me what is wrong with my baby.
See another doctor, and be sure they completely examine the baby's throat.  It might be teething, but you want to be sure.