excessive sinus drainage
Is there a specialist anywhere that has dealt with excessive sinus drainage before?  When I lay down to sleep every night it is like a tap is turned on and the mucus starts draining from somewhere in my upper sinus.  I have developed the habit of "snorting" to help the mucus down to a level where I can either spit it out or swallow it.  I estimate that between one and two quarts of mucus "drains" out of my upper sinuses every night.  I have been tested for every know allergen and I have NO allergies.  I have been prescribed most every nasal spray, sinus pill, and nasal wash known to man.  Nothing works.  I have been on anti-biotics for over a week for "other problems" and has has no effect on the sinus drainage...therefore, not a sinus infection.  My wife no longer sleeps with me since I "snort" every 30 to 45 seconds all night long.  This is driving me crazy.  Please help!!!
Actually, you may have a sinus infection, possibly a fungus.  Sinus rinses only reach the maxillary and ethmoid sinuses, the lower ones, because of gravity.  Antibiotics may have no effect on infections in the sphenoid and frontal sinuses because of the lack of circulation, and they won't work on fungals very well.  I had your same medical-proof problem for years until I developed the Flip-Turn Sinus Flush.  It's risky, because you have to bend over in a shower to defeat gravity, but you are young.

http://www.medhelp.org/user_journals/show/2322

Try this for a week, and if you see no results, then go back to as many ENTs as possible until you find the one who knows what else you could have.
I have started to try the Flip-Turn sinus flush, and am wondering if you ever got this excessive mucus situation under total control?  I'm hoping for an end to this horrible ongoing problem.
Yes, even after the main problem went away and I stopped flushing, it took weeks and weeks to get to perfectly normal.  I no longer have a spitcup next to my bed, and the box of tissue is a year old.

Also, read the comment from T_S on this post, which can be a different cause of excessive mucus.

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/Respiratory-Disorders/Coughing-up-Flem-After-Eating/show/507531