excessive sneezing and sinus congestion
I have been diagnosed with non allergic rhinitis and the sneezing and congestion happens mostly when I am ready for bed, or comes on suddenly during the night.  At times I wake up because I am about to sneeze.  I had a CAT scan, and my ENT doctor said my sinuses were inflamed.  He gave me a 5 day steriod treatment and said he could only do it a couple times a year.  I felt great for 3 weeks, now it's back to being as is was prior to the treatment.  I have tried Veramyst and Ipratropium Bromide nasal sprays along with nasal flushing, all they do is bring on an attack.  The sprays trigger it almost immediately and the irritation continues for up to an hour or more.  It doesn't matter where I am, so I know it's not environmental.  I sneeze on the average of 30-40 times through out the day with congestion.  This started about 1-1/2 months after I quit smoking a little over 3 years ago.  I am a healthy 49 year old female, 5 ft tall - 120 lbs.  I workout 5 days a week, and eat a healthy diet.  The only drugs I am on is Prempro for menopause, and levothyroxine for thyroid.
It could be the prempro.  Ask your doctor about going off of it for a few month and see if that helps.  I heard that estrogen can cause congestion along with other medications.  I too have non allergic rhinitis but mine is considered Vasomotor rhinitis.k I had this for 6 yrs. but I do not take any medication, just nasal steroid sprays and nasal rinses and it does not do anything.  I even had sinus surgery - total ethmoidectomy, opening the ostia of the maxillary sinuses and partial turbinectomy. along with a steroid Kenalog IM injection - still did not help.  But maybe your's could be the Prempro.  Ask your doctor, make sure it's your ENT doctor.             Laaz
Wow, I have been going through pretty much the same thing. So far no answers. I had allergy testing done and I am not allergic to anything. My allergist treated me with Nasonex for a month. I thought it was a sinus infection gone bad and that I was cured. No such luck it came back shortly after treatment.  I only use it now with each occurance for 3 to 5 days after it erupts. I  wake up in the morning and it starts and usually lasts 1 to 2 days. Isn't it draining? By days end I am exhausted from sneezing so much. It also started after I quite smoking last year. I am keeping a journal now. It seems to occur approx. every 3 to 4 weeks. I have been taking 1000 mg of vitamin C a day for the past 3 weeks. I think it is helping. It is a natural antihistamine so it certainly can't hurt. I was doing so well until yesterday, it started again. I sneezed all day and I'm still having symptoms this morning but not so bad. I haven't had it since March 3rd. I was actually starting to consider if it was possibly a food allergy, but it seems food allergies don't cause sneezing. If you find out anything please let me know. I will do the same. Tracey