Ear, Nose & Throat Community
fever swelling and pain getting worse

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

fever swelling and pain getting worse

hopefully im posted in the right area? :)

Hi I've developed some symptoms over the last two weeks, popping pills amd trying to work,
my body gave out today and i came home.

I started with headaches and earache, felt like a knitting needle in each ear, feeling hot and dehydrated so i started drinking lots of water which made feel sicky and flaky.

Last week i noticed swelling and sore to touch area under my ears which i guess is my glands and a sore throat,
yesterday i rough today i have headache, sore throat, earache as above glands?? low fevr of 38.6-39.4ish, drilling pain just above my buttock kidneys?? painful and v. tender testicles, sick in mouth 3 times today, lower(my) right gut spasm and left lower chest which flare up after i get off the toilet as i have diarrhoea as well.
I have a fair pain tolerance i work through most things, but this has really knocked the stuffing out of me, any ideas, similar or advice would really help, many thanks

Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

The body aches and general feeling of unwellness could indicate a viral infection. More so as you are running a fever. The headache and weakness are a consequence to this. But it could also be due to bacterial infections of the gastrointestinal tract, urinary tract infections or lung infections. So, please consult your primary care physician at the earliest for proper assessment. He may ask for blood and urine tests to determine the cause. In the meantime take OTC acetaminophen for the temperature and try to take warm oral fluids.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.