Ear, Nose & Throat Community
fluid in inner ear
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

fluid in inner ear

Is there any medication available  to relieve fluid in the inner ear.  I have been to the doctor a few times in the last few months with symptoms of some dizziness, odd ringing in the ear (lasts at the most 45 seconds).. My ears really make a lot of clicking sounds when I swallow.  First i was told my the GP that I had fluid in my right ear then last week now he said I had it in the left ear but not to worry it will go away with time. But I have more concerns with my balance (feels like being pulled to the right side). I am going to see an ENT when my GP can get me in but I was wondering if anyone could suggest anything that helps to remove maybe too much fluid in the inner ear or help balance it out. I had a cat scan it was normal but the GP said maybe the ENT will want an MRI of the ear area if they feel there is something going on. I suffered in the 90s with dizzness and vertigo due to ear infection but  this time there was no infection or cold etc. Just a little dizzy and the major problem is the balance. Thanks for listening.