Ear, Nose & Throat Community
fluttering in ear

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

fluttering in ear

I've had a fluttering sensation in my ear after listening to a live band last week. I'm guessing the loudness of the music is what has caused it.   This fluttering is really annoying.  I'm wondering if it goes away by itself or do I need to give my ear a break by wearing an earplug for a while or do I need to seek medical attention.  Thanks
i get that after comin out night clubs, but it normally goes after a hour or 2, maybe you have burst your ear drum, id go to the doctor,
Yes i agree, go see a doctor. This sounds like tinnitus!

I have this tooo!

Have it checked out at the doctor, that way you will know how to treat it!
What you are experiencing is the after effects of the loud music on your ear follicles that gather sound. When this happens it is a good sing that you were listening to music too loud or for too long a period of time. It would be wise to wear ear plugs that help reduce the sound level or make sure you do not expose your self too often to help reduce your chance of hearing loss. If the vibrating does not go away after a few days or you experience pain youshould see your doctor to make sure you did not burst your ear drum or cause other injury.