Aa
A
A
Close
folding and pushing on ears
My three year old daughter is constantly pushing on or folding her ears.  She has no fever or pain good appetite sleeping fine. But she spends her whole day messing with her ears. My doctor wanted to prescribe an antibiotic however she doesn't seem to have an infection. My daughter has also been running into doors and walls. Please advise.
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
1173247_tn?1444890987
Maybe, with the ears, it's just a habit she has? My son is 7 and he's always played with his ears, particularly when he gets excited. It worried me quite a bit when he was younger, but we've all got used to it now. When he does it, he sort of pinches and rubs them, sometimes he ends up with scratches on his outer ear if I don't keep his nails short!

Are the two connected in your daughter's case, ie did they start at the same time? If so, I'd take her back to the doctor if it's worrying you.
Comment
Cancel
1173247_tn?1444890987
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
I have been rubbing and folding my ears all my life. I'm 27. It is a comfort thing. I do it the most when I need to relax. It is honestly an amazing feeling I don't know why.. Lol. I always wondered why everyone didn't do this!! I've had no issue really from doing this. I do have less cartilage in my upper ears, compared to anyone I've met and sometimes if I fold them for too long, they can hurt a bit, but that's it :)
Comment
Cancel
Omgosh I do the same thing!! It is comfort related as well, and it does really feel so good and calming lol. I am 29 and it has never caused any issues for me either.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
folding and pushing on ears
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703