Ear, Nose & Throat Community
fungus infection in ear..

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

fungus infection in ear..

I have been dealing with a fungus infection in my ear, no pain just the fungus that just plugs up my hearing. When I go to the doctor they just suction the junk out and my hearing is back to normal. Then....in 4 wks it is plugged up again, I have used the oil they recommend, doesn't seem to work. Anyone have any recommendations of what I could try? Thanks..
There are many treatments for fungal external ear infections (mycotic otitis externa).  You should ask your doctor for more options.  Many options acidify the canal to make it an unfit area for fungus to grow.  One example is vosol.

Fungal infections can recur since the fungus often grows naturally on everyone's skin, but can overgrow in friendly enviroments.  Make it less friendly and you can get rid of it.

Enoch Choi, MD
So fungus infections in ears are normal for some people. Yesterday was my first time for an infection. I had a sinus infection for two weeks that moved to my ear and when i had my ear sucked out they found fungus. A friend of mine said it could spread to your brain. Scared the heck out of me. Can it really?
Recently I was told that a fungal infection caused from candelling. It was diagnosed by a hearing specialist, not my own doctor. My doctor did not know what medication to even prescibe. Thankfully, I had asked a pharmacist what was the best medication to take. Presently, I am taking locarcorten vioform for 5 days with little relief. Does anyone have any naturopathic remedies?
I have had systemic candidas in the past- making me vomit 20-30x a day. I had to follow a special diet for a few months to quell the fungus. Presently, I am having another bout with it- have a rash from head to toe- some areas of my skin look like a bad burn. it hurts and itches. i've also had several cysts- in, and under ears, cheekbone, back of skull, scapula- I have peeling nipples and have a seizure disorder that does not register as an electric brain storm- they have gotten less severe and frequent with decreased medications but does anyone know if the systemic fungal infection is causing my seizures if it would show up as abnormal brain activity in an EEG or not?
I have had ear infections all my life recently my doctor prescribed me 6 mnths worth of augmentin my sore throat healed up but my kneck begin to hurt i couldnt hardly move it ive been thinking for years i have had fungus in my ears i had 9 ear infections last year the more i read the more scared it makes me last week mt pcp found white in black grass looking substance in both ears.omgosh i was astounded that someone a dr. Finally foynd proof the truth is thoe with fungal infections we need to attack it from the inside antifungal pills mris to check for damage griesiovulvin i spelled it wrong but that is th cure then vinigar clear to keep it dry i have holes in my ear drums so it burns.with the pill you must monitor your liver enzymes your doctor will regularly check dont wait like me it can kill you.research on google fungal ear infections.... i hope my story will help someone.