Ear, Nose & Throat Community
hard large lump at lower back of ear, near corner of jaw

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

hi! i'm eff. 26 yrs. old female, I have this big (size of a coin)  firm/hard lump behind my ear, slightly at the lower part, almost near the corner of my jaw. almost 3 months ago i had tooth extraction, and the infection made my lymph nodes swell. After 2-3 weeks it subsided, (not totally disappeared) and then the next two months it became bigger, painful at first, but now it stayed big and no pain anymore... i'm really getting worried if it's malignant. please help me. reply if u have any advices or ideas. thank you so much!  :l  
Tags: hard large lump at back of ear, large lump at back of ear jaw, hard lump at lower back of ear
When you have something abnormal that was not there before that has been there for an extended period of time like this, you need to go in and get evaluated by a qualified physician.  They can examine you and order any necessary tests.  Please don't wait and wonder, worrying anymore.  Pick up that phone! :0)  And if you are a Christian, cast this care on the Lord, the Great Physician, because He cares for you!
It could still be lymph nodes. Mine are currently swollen. And hurting. There could be some sort of infection elsewhere. Or possible mono. But to be on the safe side have it checked by the dr.