Ear, Nose & Throat Community
head pressure HELP

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

head pressure HELP

Hows it going I just had sergery (surgery) on nov, 26TH, I had a septoplasty and turbine reduction. If thats how u spell it. Also had a tonsillectomy. I now have the horrible pressure behind my nose, eyes, forhead. My head kinda feel ballooned iv tried everything saline nasil rinse. Breathing steam. As I thought it could be my sinuses. Its not bad in the morning but gets worse as the evening goes on. I had none of this prior to sergery (surgery). And its really quite borhersome and annoying. Cant think properly once the pressure gets bad. I went to my post op appointment with my ENT (board certified) he said everything looked good and was healing fine. I think went back yesterday and he gave me a nasal steroid and a oral pill steriod to reduce and inflamation (inflammation) there may be. Also my front teeth hurt real bad kinda numb. If anybody has gone through this please help me or give me some insite. Im a worry wort iv ran through all scenarios brain tumor, reaction to the general anithesia, ect. Ect. Please help this pressure is horrible.

Fyi this was typed on a phone and I got fat fingers. Sorry for grammer.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Understand your predicament. Your symptoms could be due to a sinus infection. The best diagnosis for this problem is a CT of the sinuses. Along with the medications, nasal saline irrigations over the counter like NeilMed or Neti pot are very effective. So, try this.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Well this pressure was not there prior to the surgery and I didnt and dont have the common symtoms (symptoms) of a sinus infection. But I have been taking antibiotics the last two weeks. This pressure is just killer. Iv been using neilmed nasil rinse and I dont get any relief from this. I wonder if it may be just healing. I dont want to start racking up a ton of medical bills over something that may be nothing. But I also wonder if I got a sinus infection after the surgery. I hardly ever get them I got the surgery due to sleep apnea. Anyways thanks for the respond and I hope this goes away soon and I can feel normal as this is getting very old feeling like this. Thanks
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Sinus are air filled cavities and they open into the nasal cavity. If the opening is blocked, then secretions can accumulate in the sinuses. This can get infected causing sinusitis and pain. Once the swelling and infection subside, you should have relief from your symptoms. So, continue with your medications and practice good breathing exercises, humidify your room and do steam inhalations.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.