Ear, Nose & Throat Community
infected nose hair follicle

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

infected nose hair follicle

"Doctor, I have a sharp pinching pain in my right nostril(on the skin opposite to the nose wall) if I press over there it pains like a wound and pain radiates to the right side of my head above the ear as if some pus filled pimple pain. intolerable consistent pain.    I guess it is due to some infected hair follicle infection.  three months back little pus was found.  please advice me with some ointments and medicines.
It can be due to a boil inside the nostril. In case of boil inside the nose which is infection of the hair follicle inside the nose, it takes its own course for a week or so in healing and no treatment may be required. Apply warm moist compresses three or four times a day over the tender area. This will help to bring the boil to a head and encourage easy drainage.

Along with the warm compresses, you can take OTC pain killers and a course of antibiotics if the causative agent is bacteria.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thanks doctor for responding to my concern.  I did my CT paranasal sinus on the advice of doctor.  
The finding were like this:  Polypoid mucosal thickening in ethmoid, bilateral maxillary sinuses and right ethmoid sinus.  My doctor  (ENT from Appolo) says there is an infection but in mild form.  But gave me no medicine.  He said no antibiotic will work for my condition.  Just told me to do Pranayama.  He is telling me to ignore it.  But how do I do it. The acute shooting pain  (from right nostril to right side of my head) effected my day to day life style drastically, not even able to think and apply my mind due to severe pain.  I even quit my job since lack of concentration.  Previously I have taken several antibiotics but nothing cured my problem.  Ciprowin 500 for 10 days , Vit D3 , Vozet 5mg, singlair 5 mg, Decon drops, Nasonex   all gave me no releif.  

I keep doing Netipot, Sutra neti in the morning to clear my sinuses, and even keep doing Pranayama.  Gives me relief  for some time but pain again restarts.  I have lost all my hope on allopathy doctors .  Understanding my concern please  do advice me with your valuable suggestion.