just had septoplasty, need advice
I just had a septoplasty with turbinate reduction 3 days ago.  The doctor said after the surgery that my septum was even more severely deviated than originally thought but that she felt the surgery went very well.

I was awake an hour after surgery, eating a popsicle and talking, went home an hour after that.  I have had no pain whatsoever and am only occasionally taking the Tylenol with codeine I was prescribed.  I am also taking an antibiotic that was prescribed, but I have no signs of any infection so I assume it's preventative.  

The congestion isn't too bad, although I can't breath through my nose yet, and there is a lot of crusting up inside the nostrils, but I can use saline spray so it helps with that.  I don't have much of an appetite, but I think that's a side effect of the antibiotics and the fact that eating is not so enjoyable when you can't breath through your nose or smell anything yet.  Overall this has been pretty easy to deal with.  I was nervous with all the different things I had read, but really I have not experienced any pain at all and only what I would describe as mild discomfort in terms of having to sleep elevated and not being able to blow my nose, etc.  

The question I'm really BEGGING to have some of you answer is this:
It's been 3 full days and I've been icing my nose as instructed, but the swelling doesn't seem to have gone down one bit and my nose literally looks like a pig snout right now. When will this get better?????

I do have stents in my nose that will come out Weds. I imagine they may be making the shape of my nose different and that I may see some improvement when they're removed, but I can't see how they'd be making it look literally like a snout.  I'm a bit afraid I may end up with a totally different looking nose, or that the swelling will last for weeks.

Can anyone share how long it took for the swelling to go down after their septo/turbinate reduction surgery?  The bleeding all but stopped yesterday, and it's actually barely even running.  I don't even have to wear the gauze dressing thing under my nose anymore, but I would be embarrassed to go out in public with my nose looking like this right now!
Don't expect the swelling to go down that fast.  It can take several weeks!  Certainly the splints are making this worse and you will likely have much relief/improvement when they are removed.  The nose takes a long time to get rid of swelling... If you are having fever, increasing pain, increasing redness, pus drainage, then call your doctor sooner.