klebsiella pneumoniae infection or tuberclosis
since the past few moinths my uncle is constantly suffering from fever...an off late has lost a lot of weight...the doctors suspected its a klebsiella pneumoniae..bacterial infection in chest.he was treated for it but things didn't improve ...now he has started taking the medicine for tubercloises....can anyone help me wid wat to do....doctors are unable to diagnose him properly....
At the very least he should have a TB skin test done.

This is what I would recomend.

1) Chest x-ray
2) Quanti Feron Gold (blood test for TB)
3) Sputom AFB testing (tests for active TB)
4) Sputom PCR testing (tests for active TB)
5) Sputom culture and antibiotic sensitivity testing (tests for active TB and used to find which antibiotics are effective against that specific strain of TB)

I am going though all of this right now. I was recently diagnosed with latent TB from a cecent contact.  Unfortunatley, the standard med taken for latent TB (INH) causes liver issues for me so I can not take anything at this time for latent TB.  I have to wait and wonder/worry about if TB ever becomes active or not.

Good luck to you