knot behind my ear
I have flu like symptoms, but have never had a swollen gland come up to the middle of the back of my ear in the crease of it, and makes my whole side of my head hurt to touch, could this be from infection not running high fever but so weak and sore all over but ear just hurts where the marble like knot is and side of my head
Hello and hope you are doing well.

It could be enlarged lymph node/nodes. Lymph are protective mechanisms of the body and they 'trap' the infecting source causing enlargement of lymph nodes. The infection can be from the draining skin or the organs. The swelling and pain could also be due to mastoiditis, which is infection of the bone behind the ear. This happens when there is a middle ear infection, which spreads to involve the mastoid bone. If your symptoms are resolving, you could wait and watch. However, if you develop fever, increase in the size of the swelling or pain; please consult your primary care physician. In the meantime you can use OTC Acetaminophen for relief from pain.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.