Ear, Nose & Throat Community
knot in nose

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

knot in nose

I'm 57, overweight,diabetic, and on pills for now. Fractured nose as a teenager.  Five months ago a ENG ,diagnosted me with severe  sleep apnea ,for snoring and difficulty breathing while sleeping. Put on a C-PAC ,and the first time I used it ,it stopped up my nose  and I yanked a few hairs from nostril and got infection in left nostril. Quit using C-PAC. Took full course of antibiotics for infection .A boil appeared and ruptured on left cartilage after one week. Boil then cleared up immediately.            

At the same time as the boil occurence ,a hard knot , about the size of a small pea appeared, separate, and distinct above the boil on the left cartilage. It has not increased or decreased in size or its constant symptoms in five months. It is  causing blurring of vision,  burning deep inside sinus cavity region and some tingling acoss the entire scalp, with a little throbbing in the head and some lethargy.                                  

One month ago,the ENT who is treating ?? the sleep apnea , heard my complaints, looked in my nose , both sides , and said I had a malformation on my left cartilage . That was all, no test ,no lancing and no further treatment . He did't even ask about my C-PAC usage he prescribed ,just collected his co-pay and sent me away. Is anyone familiar with  knots on the nasal cartilage and/or these symptoms associated with it?? Should I get a second opinion??