Ear, Nose & Throat Community
lost voice for 6 weeks
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to ear, nose and throat issues, ear infections, nasal polyps, sore throats, and swollen glands.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

lost voice for 6 weeks

hi i've recently been to the docs due to hoarse and loss of voice. at first doc told me to stay completely silent for 2 weeks (hard work) with no improvement, now he is sending me for a camera to check the area out. Any ideas on what they will be lookin for. I'm quite nervous and don't know what to expect, I woulld be grateful for any advice. Thanks
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
Listen to the doc for a diagnosis, and in the meantime Google "functional dysphonia" for some info.
Blank
Thanks for the advice, appreciate it
Blank
Hello and hope you are doing well.

Your symptoms could be due to Vocal abuse, which is due to excessive talking, throat clearing, coughing, inhaling irritants, smoking, screaming, or yelling. Vocal misuse is improper voice usage such as speaking too loudly or at an abnormally high or low pitch. Frequent vocal abuse can cause temporary or permanent changes in vocal function, voice quality, and possible loss of voice. This can be diagnosed by a throat examination.

Other structural abnormalities like vocal nodules, vocal polyp and sometimes contact ulcers on the vocal cords need to be ruled out with further investigations.

Hope this helped and do keep us posted.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Ear, Nose & Throat Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank